The Churches of Brereton and Rugeley
There are 5 churches within the parish.
- St. Augustine’s Parish Church in Rugeley is a large Victorian building used for many of the bigger events.
- St. Michael’s Parish Church in Brereton was built in the Gothic style in 1837 and was subsequently enhanced by the Tractarian movement of the latter part of the 19th Century.
- The Church of The Good Shepherd on the Pear Tree Estate in Rugeley is a dual purpose building situated at the heart of a former coalboard estate.
- The Church of the Holy Spirit is the newest building (1991) with an attached hall and is widely used by the community.
- St. John the Baptist Church in the village of Slitting Mill near Rugeley is the smallest of the churches and is actually attached to a private house.
St. Augustine's St. Michael's
Holy Spirit Good Shepherd
Four churches in our Parish have halls for hire. Please contact the following people depending on the church you had in mind:-
St. Augustine's, Rugeley - Mrs Barbara Ballard 01889 801501
St. Michael's, Brereton - Mrs Alison Tabernor 01889 804587
The Holy Spirit - Mrs Kay Myatt - 01889 578221
The Good Shepherd, Pear Tree Estate - Mrs Mollie Robinson 01889 801494.
Back to top...