This modern church was opened in 1959 at the heart of the Pear Tree Estate which was developed to provide homes for miners working at the newly opened Lea Hall Colliery. The church was designed as a place of worship for the community as well as a venue for social and educational activities.
Hislop Road, Pear Tree Estate, Rugeley, WS15 1LS
11.00am - Holy Communion
See the Diary page for details of special services and events.
The Rev Georgina Holding.
See Ministry Team page for details.
Are you planning a special occasion? Then why not hire the Church Hall?
The Church of the Good Shepherd makes a good meeting place, is well equipped and hire charges are reasonable.
Call Mrs Mollie Robinson 01889 801494.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We are pleased to announce that we have new heating in the Church.
COALFIELDS REGENERATION TRUST graciously awarded us a grant of £5,000 to enable this work to be done. People who attend our events now will certainly feel the warmth.
The TRUST dealt with our application in a very satisfactory way and kept us informed of the progress.
Please come to our events and enjoy our new found comfort.
The Good Shepherd has a particular connection with the Memorial.
The original Altar at the Good Shepherd was made out of coal from the Lea Hall Colliery. When a new altar was needed, this coal was kept at the Church. Presently, this appears to be the only coal that remains from Lea Hall Colliery and so we gave some to the project making the mining memorial, and it was mixed with the paint that was then used to paint the statues.
Click here for details (pdf document).